Cosy Barn Conversion
- Our clients had purchased the property some years back whilst living abroad and now wanted to update the property cosmetically.
- The property was a simple barn conversion with little features except for internal stable doors and rough sawn cut timber skirting’s and architrave.
- The client wanted a full property design with the idea of running the installation in stages.
- The client specifically requested additional storage as this was a problem.
- The large living room / dinning room need a carefully thought out furniture plan in order to create clearly defined areas and a cohesive aesthetic feel.
- Because the clients worked abroad for most of the year we needed to gather as much detail on what was required at the first meeting.
- A detailed survey was carried out and a preliminary budget drawn up.
- A full inventory of existing furniture was produced and photographed to ensure these pieces could be included in the design.
- A mood board was produced for each room along with a schedule of fixtures, fittings and works required.
- All design drawings and mood boards were presented online as this is what suited the client best.
- The client was keen to include some dominant abstract art in the design. We produced a neutral design with a cool colour pallet, allowing for he client to source the specific items at their leisure.
- A contemporary space with modern furniture and luxury wall covers.
- Clever built in storage in the living room and a breakfast bar added in the kitchen with extra space for a fridge and open shelving.
- Luxury finishes were used along with natural textures and clean lines such as the oak shelving.
- The revised furniture layout produced three distinctive zones, a snug- tv are, a formal dinning space and sitting area centred around the fire and patio doors.