Manor House Kitchen – bespoke kitchens Northampton
- Our clients home was an impressive imposing manor house full of period features and character, however the kitchen in comparison was some what understated.
- The client had already employed builders and obtained the relevant consents to add a pair of French doors going out onto the garden.
- We were approached because of our specialism in interior design to create a space incorporating the clients existing furniture and that also was in keeping with the rest of the property.
- The client had planked a fallen elm tree two years prior stored in the garden.
- Our design approach was two fold;
- Firstly to design a practical space that provided the client with a fantastic cooking space, that added symmetry to the room whilst keeping the existing Aga as the centre piece. Using the architectural lines of the room and pulling out the focal points such as the Aga, central exposed beam and view of the garden through the new French doors was desired.
- Secondly to produce a mood board of luxury finnishes, existing items and proposed fixtures and fittings such as matching the door handles with the cabinet knobs. This was overlaid with a colour scheme and lighting plan.
- When deciding on the materials available, the decision was taken to use the planked elm for part of the work tops.
- By emphasising the ceiling and central beam we were able to give the room a grand feel that perfectly fitted the property. This was complemented by adding two antique chandeliers either side of the beam.
- The rich grain of the elm ssuperbly complemented the cabinet colour, the Angola blue granite worktop tied the blue of the Aga in with the personal artwork positioned exactly opposite the Aga.
- Open shelving and a recessed dresser style unit were the only high units used in the design to further empathise the feeling of space.
- The introduction of the feature chandeliers, LED task lighting behind the Aga and dimmable LED spotlights to the ceiling beams meant the client could adjust the mood of the space as required.
Mrs M – South Northants
“I found the process of redesigning my kitchen with Tristan pleasurable. He listened to my ideas, came up with innovative solutions and was flexible and patient! The end product was better than I could have hoped for, and I now have a kitchen that I love, and that works for the whole family. “