Contemporary Grey Kitchen
- Our clients, a young couple with a 5 year old son, had recently built an extension to their home and came to us to design and supply a contemporary kitchen to complement there more traditional antique pine furniture
- The kitchen space had already been second fixed and some thought had been given to the position of services and a new Kardean floor been laid
- The couple are very keen cooks, who cook from scratch and harvest much of their produce from their beloved allotment
- As with any young family who also had a dog, a practical, safe space which is easy to clean, is a very important consideration.
- The space was accurately measured and existing services documented as these could not be moved and had to be designed around
- The existing floor and antique furniture was photographed and a design brief taken from the client
- The challenge was to create an open plan space that contained enough storage and cooking space, but kept the overall room feeling spacious and light
- Using photo-realistic 3d modelling, plans and a mood board, we were able to illustrate a contemporary scheme with a deep colour pallet that blended the old with the new. We introduced a feature wall, curtain and blind fabrics and lighting ideas to bring the whole space together
- The client had chosen a bold pattern splash back tile which we gave direction of where and how to place
- Our client also received a pinboard of fixture, fittings and ideas that they could add to the finished room at there leisure.
- A bright, bold contemporary space that sympathetically integrated practical contemporary surfaces with the clients existing antique furniture.
- Maia worktops and matt grey lay-on doors, looked great against the oak Kardean floor. Feature lighting helped to define both the peninsula and dining table areas