Timber Frame House
- A compact plot of land situated in a sort after village centre.
- Space for a compact three bedroom house, with well proportioned ground floor living space.
- The brief was to design the home and a suitable interior scheme to strict budget and time scale requirements.
- The living space must feel spacious, have good storage, be flexible and somewhat open plan.
- Features to includ bi- fold doors utilising the garden space and a good quality kitchen.
- The project was a full design and build, turn key project.
- A detailed brainstorming of what was required, what was possible and what was desired was carried out.
- A full project appraisal to include preliminary build costs, internal fit out costs and potential market value.
- A walk through of how the owners would utilise the space alongside ensuring furniture would fit.
- Three different layout & external elevations were produced prior to a final design being agreed and signed off by the client.
- An interior concept was pulled together as a basis and reference point for the design for future decisions to be made through the design process.
- Detailed planning and building regulations drawings were produced and the relevant permissions achieved. This included the connection of new services such as electric and water.
- The build was fully project managed by purselves over an eleven month schedule.
- Once the build was wind and watertight, and first fixed to pre-plaster stage detailed interior designs were signed off , this included flooring, kitchens and bathrooms.
- A detached 96m2 three bedroom timber framed home with dominant 4m bi-fold doors opening onto a sunken sun decked area.
- Well thought-out storage including coat cupboard, under the stair storage, airing cupboard, built in wardrobes and extensive living room storage.
- Spacious living space with compact but well thought out bedrooms.
- The interiors were light and airy with engineered oak flooring throughout, fawn coloured walls and off white woodwork. Recessed spots lights were used along side wall lights to emphasise the impressive vaulted ceilings to the downstairs living room area.
- The neutral scheme was carried through the kitchen, bathroom and down stairs WC.
- The final result was a well balanced family home with off road parking and decked patio running onto a lawn area. A neutral colour scheme and contemporary furniture to emphasis the space whilst excellent storage ensured that the home was practical.