The Old School House Kitchen
• Our role was two fold, firstly design a more practical layout to the ground floor and secondly to design and install a bespoke hand painted kitchen.
• After several years in their home our clients were now finding the internal layout and in particular the kitchen did not fit with the requirements of a young family.
• The clients really wanted a bespoke handmade kitchen with luxury range cooker
• Being particularly well travelled many of the personal objects and artwork were of in an African tribal style. This eclectic style was top be reflected in the design and in particular a hint of Moroccan style to be present.
• The client wanted a more grand and balanced entrance to the home with better off road parking.
• We developed 3 layout scenarios for the ground floor, each including all the requirements we established at the original design meeting. Each scenario illustrated a variation on the ideas and provided options that could be discussed with the client.
• Along with the plans we produced 3D models to give the clients the feeling of how it would be to walk through the space.
• Detailed kitchen designs were produced and using our experience in space planning we were able to guide decision making on key items such as on the size of the island, dining table and storage requirements lighting plans.
• A mood board was produced to represent the kitchen space with a selection of finishes for the client to compare. We selected materials that help make the space feel lighter by carefully selecting textures, colours and finishes that would reflect light and generally lighten the colour palet.
• A well proportion space with great circulation, an entrance that scaled to the rest of the property and bounced light through the space, thus and provided an excellent user friendly flow.
• A handmade contemporary shaker kitchen, hand painted with beautiful oak worktops.
• A light an airy colour pallet with off white walls, American oak flooring with splashes of colour and pattern in the splash back tiles.
• Well-defined focal points such as the views of the garden from the kitchen, the large glazed entrance doors and bright blue Lacanche freestanding range cooker gave interest and purpose to every space.
• The Moroccan inspired style of our clients came through in the mismatched cupboard handles, art work, accessories and re- using the up cycled blue side board as part of the final design.