Open Plan Kitchen Diner
- The owners had purchased the property from new in the 1980’s and now wanted a large open plan space that was more in keeping with modern living.
- The un-utilised dinning room was to be opened up into the kitchen space and access to the soon to be landscaped garden improved.
- On the clients wish list, a central point island, large bi -fold doors and a hand painted kitchen.
- The client had vague ideas of their requiremenst in the space, we took on the project very early in the process and were able to add direction from the outset.
- There was no set time frame and the client had a sensible budget to account for the amount of structural building work and high end finnish desired.
- Our first role was to carry out a full design proposal and to complete the building regulation drawings. We then agreed on a rough layout and design concept.
- After producing layout plans and 3D visuals detailed working drawings were produced for the cabinetry and a lighting plans for the room.
- Because the client had a good idea of the type of kitchen we then concentrated on designing a scheme for the greater space which included flooring tiles, cabinet colours, feature lighting and furniture.
- We then project managed the installation including the building work, cabinetry installation and final touches.
- A beautiful well balanced space with a stunning central island, oak cladded wall to create a shelving detail, recessed are for the TV and a read shelf with integral light.
- A creamy natural colour pallet with natural textures and a classic green hue against the American white oak.
- Contemporary pendant shades and bar stools finnish the design.
- 6m wide gun metal grey bi-fold doors completely opened up the back of the property to the newly landscaped garden, where the patio was laid in a complementary limestone floor to give the impression of the same flooring running both in and out.
- The client now had a beautiful practical day to day space for themselves, for the grandchildren to visit and a perfect entertaining space in the summer with the bi-fold doors open and fire pit lit.
Mrs B – Towcester
“It is now over two years since we had our open plan kitchen/diner fully refurbished by Haywood Styles, and are still extremely pleased with the result.
From the original plan which was designed to make everything in the kitchen very accessible and flow into a dinning seating area which fully opens out through bi-folding doors to the garden;
Haywood Styles dealt with all following to a very high professional standard;
· Organising planning and design of whole project
· Project managing the entire build
· The design construction and fitting of bespoke kitchen units- sourcing granite worktops
· Design and project managed a feature wall.
· Designed and project managed all lighting.
· Supplying a mood board for colour scheme.
All was completed within the time scale given to a very high standard. “