- We came to the project just prior to the builders starting work on a large extension to create a huge open plan kitchen, dining and lounge living space
- We were asked to come up with a German style kitchen design, set within a warm neutral space that emphasised the rear garden and river
- Our client had a clear idea of the kinds of colour and mood she wanted to create, but needed our creative input into the aesthetics and space planning
- We had a sensible budget to work from taking into account the scale of the project and clear direction from the client that she wanted quality finishes and appliances.
- Our first task was to appraise the existing plans, this resulted in several changes, the most important being that the 6m bi-fold doors should frame the view of the garden and reduce the impact of the adjacent housing on the sight line
- Detailed space planning was carried to ensure the kitchen, living, dining and office zone were planned correctly, this formed the basis for the electrical and lighting plans.
- We took the clients brief for a relaxed, warm neutral space with a hint of accent yellow, to create a mood board and pintrest board of suggested, accessories, finishes, furniture, lighting and fittings
- The kitchen was designed round a large island and well sized bank of high units. The gloss cabinets, plinth lighting and stainless steel appliances were overlaid with the hand picked light granite worktop
- As with all our projects, we were on-hand for advice and direction as the client purchased furniture, chose the position of the wall hung TV etc.
- We conducted our pre-second fix site visit to check all electrical points, re-measure wall dimensions and check all service feeds
- We then supplied and installed the stone gloss kitchen by Mereway Kitchens and appliances from Miele.
- A warm neutral space that uses the clients garden as the backdrop for this multi-functional living space, using high quality fittings and finishes
- Splashes of the accent yellow combined with the worktop grain and luxurious tiled floor give depth to a scheme which is enhanced in the evening where the carefully placed lighting creates shadow, reflection and mood to what is a stunning open plan living space.