- The project consisted of a traditional Bergerie or Sheep shed that was converted to a Holiday home by the previous owners in the 1970’s.
- The property had a very the traditional French feel.
- The client wanted to rent out the Chalet as a holiday home both in the Winter and the Summer.
- Visually the house is very picturesque however there was a need to add some basic features such as a garden path and log burner to enhance the user experience.
- The property included a large bold stone fireplace, red tiled floor and an original sheep trough along side exposed rocks and stucko walls, all which needed to be enhanced by the design.
- A detailed analysis of how the space would be used by holiday makers in both the Winter and Summer was carried out to ensure the Chalet reflected all these needs.
- For marketing purposes the rooms must look great for photographing.
- The initial brief centred around creating a cosy relaxed atmosphere, great though and research went into establishing what could be added to the space to create this.
- All existing items were logged and a scheme for each space developed.
- The chosen designs were eveolved into builders schedules and furniture, fixtures and equipment schedules.
- Sourcing involved using both items from the UK to be shipped over and locally sourced items to appeal to UK holiday makers abd still retain the authentic French feel.
- The work was carried out over a period of time during the off peak season
- Once the majority of the decorating and small scale works had been carried out time was spent styling the spaces with the final touches.
- A stunning traditional fully furnished property with a cosy and relaxed feel set around low profile seating and a new log burner, 42”TV, music station and games area.
- An inclusive open plan living space with a defined living, dining, bar and kitchen space.
- An informative space that provided information on the local area that set the scene and empathised the history of the area througt vintage photographs and post cards.
- Well thought out accommodation with flexible bedrooms, various seating areas around the property and garden allowing for great views of the valley and snow capped mountains.