- The clients planned to move the existing kitchen into an un-utilised living space at the opposite end of their home
- A large kitchen living space with separate pantry was desired along with making the most of the architectural features of the space
- The space was to be completely refurbished, so there were no restrictions on service placements
- The brief was to create a classic contemporary kitchen, with a light feel, a hint of pink and to incorporate the clients existing furniture.
- First we designed the layout of the room to include the key elements: kitchen cabinetry, island, pantry and sitting area
- Our focus then turned to enhancing the aesthetic elements including the architectural reference’s, floor and vaulted ceiling
- We presented our designs through a pinboard of ideas, mood board and plans in the first instance
- As the designs and building work continued we were on hand to offer advice as we built up to the kitchen installation
- As the project evolved we sourced and produced a mood board containing all the key elements such as the flooring, paint colours, hand painted cabinet colours and finishes, worktops and lighting ideas
- The installation was a dry-fit with our installers fitting the cabinetry and worktops whilst we helped co-ordinate the electrician and plumbers with our installation.
- The final result is a fun-take on a classic kitchen with bold pink accents and a focal point island, and a space that utilises the high level of natural light in the room
- Rich textures of European walnut, siltstone Lyra and limestone flooring sit perfectly with the two-tone grey hand painted cabinetry
- This large kitchen space and adjacent pantry provides the perfect multi-purpose cooking and entertaining space, whether watching over the garden with a cup of tea or dimming the lights for a dinner party.